Thursday, January 31, 2008

What's the Use.....

I have come across the above phrase so many times in the recent past that I simply felt compelled to write about it. You will come across it when u try to do something not directly connected with your work life or something that is not going to yield anything important in return in the near future.
So u hear it:"Why solve Sudoku?" "Why learn a new language?" "Why draw a Rangoli?Is there a festival?" and ofcourse "Why write a blog?"
Well....here I am talking about some activity in which some finite efforts are involved and not some passive activity like Watching Movie or a Cricket match. Its not just true for some heavy duty task but even for something as simple as going for a walk. Tell someone that you are going for a walk .....immediate response wud be " Why?What for?".People will immediately assume that u have started walking for reducing weight.......But tell someone you are watching a movie .....Response wud be " Which Movie?" No further questions.
Same is true with reading books.....It has become so fashionable to read Non-Fiction books(Specially self help books) that people seem to think that the one reading Fiction has too much time on hand....
People generally say:"Why are u putting so much efforts into it?What's the use".....
Does everything have to have a motive....One of the times when somebody asked me this Question, I gave it a serious thought and finally came up with answer that satisfied me:
"Just for the fun of it".....Do it because it makes u feel happy....Isn't it a strong enough reason to do it......And who decides whether it is not important or not...You never know what thing that you learn becomes useful for you at what point in time....
I don't know how clearly I have put my thoughts but I just wanted to ask these Questions to myself....So I thought why not ask them aloud...There are still many thoughts related to it that I want to write but I think I will keep it for my next blog.....This one has already become too long.....
So hope to continue blogging " Just for fun".....

4 comments:

Vishal said...

We are kind of trained to think in certain way..we always have a conventional way of doing certain thing or way of thinking..nice blog...

Suneel Madhekar said...

Well, people are just too "business-minded", always looking for material gains out of every bit of effort. Very few people look at the big picture: what really matters is happiness gained, nothing else. Good blog.

Dharmesh Mehta said...

Welcome to the world of blogging....Surely you'll have fun and we would get to read some good stuff from you.... :)

I believe blogging is another medium for communication...People are good at different ways in communicating....writing, speaking, hinting, gestures, etc...

People who write good stuff....their blogs "WORK"...rest all is dumped...

Nevertheless....I am sure...this blog is to rise high in internet world.. Cheers !!

parikshit naik said...

Very well said... the only reason one must do anything is because doing it gives him happiness and satisfaction...