Sunday, August 10, 2008

To be or not to be

'Genius is always uncertain'.....This was actually a status msg of one my friends.Don't know where he picked that from or was it his own creation.Irony is that I stumbled upon it when I was in two minds about some trivial issue. Doesn' t that happen too often? It isn't something that would have a huge impact on r life or work or actually even the next day or hour itself. But still we spend so much time taking the decision regarding it. But reading that quote suddenly made me feel better. Well.....I have no misconceptions of me being a Genius or converse of the quote being true, but i think what relieved me was just an assurance that its not just me but even the genius who can be uncertain.

Hardly had I sunk into this relief when i realised something else; I was being taken in by just 'some' quote. I don't know who wrote it or what the context of the quote was, and here was I getting carried away by it. May be it was just a passing thought of a frustated person caught in an uncertain situation like me. Or may be it was a defence mechanism of an eternally confused person who unlike me had misconception of being a Genius. So i decided to examine each and every genius I knew mentally. But the problem is I find most of the people so sure of the decisions that they are taking irrespective of the whether they are a genius or not. Well, may be it is just that they seem very sure just like I may to some others. But its only I myself (and now whoever will read this blog) who am aware of the foolish battles going on in the mind every now and then.
I suddenly remembered the issue that I had on hand(the one I mentioned at the start). I realised that I was in a dilemna coz I had a choice. If i hadn't had this choice I wud have been peaceful but probably unhappy. Wasn't it the choice that I had always wanted? I took a decision and relaxed.
May be Genius is just the one who sees lots of options or choices for every situation and hence is uncertain. Now I am actually pondering on whether to post this blog or not. Does it hold ne sense or not?Questions galore....But b4 I can have an argument with myself I see the name of my blog page: 'Be what u want to be."
So here it is....

2 comments:

Suneel Madhekar said...

Maybe being uncertain is a necessary but not sufficient condition for genius :-) Indeed, I think the uncertainty, if any, is, as you've said, due to choice. (my apologies, for too many commas :-) Because geniuses have too much awareness and therefore have too many choices... By the way, as Morpheus says to the Merovingian, Everything begins with choice. Also, as the Merovingian points out to the great Morpheus, Choice is an illusion, created between those with power, and those without. As Oracle tries to explain to Neo, We can never see past the choices we don't understand. And as Neo aptly summarizes - Choice, the problem is choice.

Ha ha! Enjoyed reading your thoughts. Nice post.

Parsh said...

You may like to read this book which I read recently. http://parshwadeep.blogspot.com/2008/08/how-to-take-charge-of-your-life.html.