Saturday, May 21, 2011

Big Canvas

I looked out of the window to see darkness all around. It wasn't even 5p.m yet. As I moved out of the building I tried to see how far the darkness spread. And the view was just out of this world. Clouds hung so low that I felt if I could just pull a string attached to them, they may just touch the ground. My words can't do justice to the hues of grey, blue and black and white interspersed in a manner only an artiste can accomplish. For a second, I felt that after looking at the picturesque sky, when I look ahead to what is around me, I would not see the concrete buildings or cemented roads. But they were still there. The disconnect was imminent and unnerving.
I kept looking up so that the imprint would stay with me forever. And I guess it has.

1 comment:

Suneel Madhekar said...

The canvas is actually so big that we cannot even imagine its dimensions! He is so fine an Artist that we can only hope to understand in a very limited manner the most mundane interpretations of His work. We are too small, even to marvel at His genius... :-)